The Light Engineering Industries Association of South Africa (LEIA) has a membership of approximately 270 companies employing approximately 29,000 employees, which makes the Association the largest and most representative industry association federated to SEIFSA.
Why Join the LEIA
As one of the stakeholders of SEIFSA we have representation on the SEIFSA Council, which is the Chamber or forum where the representatives of each one of the 18 federated Associations meet, discuss, and agree on different matters affecting the metals and engineering industries.
The LEIA is unique to their specific sector and the Association promotes ethical business practices and offer an ideal platform for its members to network with relevant industry players, receive up-to-date information on the latest industry news, promote the interests of members, discuss issues such as government legislation, labour laws, lobbying on issues that affect their members and general matters affecting the steel and engineering industries within South Africa, as well as the various sectors. Through the Association meetings, members receive an update on the latest industry news.
- Negotiate on behalf of members at the Industry Main Agreement Negotiations.
- Participation in meetings of the LEIA where matters of mutual interest to you as an employer are discussed.
- Interact on your behalf with local and provincial government, to improve the business climate in the industry.
- Represent member interests as trustees on MIBFA (the pension and provident funds).
- Receiving regular communication on a wide range of related industry matters
- Access to the SEIFSA Main Agreement Handbook and Wall Chart that simplifies a complex Main Agreement.
- Representation on all major national and industry forums that impact on the industry, like NEDLAC, BUSA, MIBFA, merSETA, and HRDC
- Sponsored training/workshops for members on a wide range of topics