Building your industry for over 75 years
Employers engaged in the manufacture of Light metal products (excluding tinsmiths and/or plumbers) by forging, stamping, rolling, pressing, bending, welding, cutting and/or casting and the manufacturer and sale of sheet metal and shall include the “Iron, Steel, Engineering, and Metallurgical Industries”
Find out about the association
The Association was established in 1947 as the Associated Manufacturers of Light Metal Products under the Industrial Conciliation Act, 1937. The Association was segmented into Industrial Division, i.e. Metal Window and/or Door and/or Flyscreen Manufacturing Division; Fasteners Manufacturing Division; Light Stamping and/or Forgings Division; Die Casting and/or Extrusions Division; Edge Tool
Would you like to know more?
The Light Engineering Industries Association of South Africa (LEIA) is registered with the Department of Labour as an independent Employers’ Organisation and is federated to the Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA).
Although the Association is an independent, registered employers’ organisation, being federated to SEIFSA enables members to have access to all the expert assistance/advice in the fields of legal/industrial relations, economic support systems that SEIFSA offers, particularly smaller companies who do not have these resources.
Latest Industry insights
The LEIA’s Key Objectives:
- regulate relations between members, employees and trade unions;
- represent members interests in industry negotiations over wages;
- promote, support and/ or oppose proposed legislation posing a threat to the interests of its members;
- further the interests of the industry through public relations activities;
- obtain, collate and distribute relevant information from the industry to its members;
- promote the interests of membership; and
- create awareness and access to all of the benefits of being affiliated to SEIFSA